3-4 lbs chuck roast, preferably grassfed
4-5 cloves of garlic
1 onion, chopped into large chunks
2 cups beef broth
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 TBS ground pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons dried marjoram
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons himalayan pink salt, more to taste
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Add onions to the crock pot.
- Make seasoning blend by combining pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, marjoram, basil, oregano, salt, and red pepper flakes. Taste a bit and add more salt if that’s your thing.
- Make a few small slits in the roast and tuck in garlic cloves.
- Put the roast in the crock pot, and rub it with the seasoning blend. You can do this outside the pot, but it makes cleanup much easier to just do it all in one place and you won’t lose any seasoning.
- Add broth & vinegar to the crock pot.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- Take out roast and shred with 2 forks. Depending on how you are serving it and your taste buds, add some of that glorious juice.