1 (15 ounce) package Pillsbury refrigerator pie dough (softened as directed on box)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
3/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
3 cups thinly sliced peeled apples (3 med.)
1/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon apple pie spice
Cream Cheese Layer
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Make pie crust as directed on box for one-crust pie shell, using 9″ glass pie pan, except DON’T prick crust.
- Bake 9-11 minute or until light brown. If crust fluffs up gently push down with fork.
- Reduce oven temp to 350.
- In a small bowl, stir together streusel ingredients except butter until it looks like coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- In a large bowl gently mix apple layer ingredients, set aside.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar well. Beat in egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Spread cream cheese mix into pie shell. Add the apple’s evenly then top with streusel and lastly, small chunks of butter.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, or until apples are tender and streusel is golden. You may need to cover the pie loosely with foil the last 15 minutes of baking to prevent over browning.
- Let pie cool 1 hour prior to eating. Store pie in fridge.