Coconut Cream Layer
4 Cups Shredded Coconut, Unsweetened
1/2 Cup Coconut Cream
1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
1 Pinch Salt, Optional
1 1/2 Cups Dark Chocolate Chips
1/3 Cup Coconut Cream
- Combine shredded coconut, coconut cream, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt to a food processor and blend until mixture becomes easily moldable. You may have to press down the mixture and reblend a few times for this to happen.
- Pour mixture into an 8×8-inch (20×20-cm) pan lined with parchment or wax paper. Press down firmly with a rubber spatula and smooth mixture into an even layer.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Prepare chocolate layer by combining dark chocolate chips and coconut cream in a bowl. Microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring mixture thoroughly in between.
- Pour chocolate mixture on top of the coconut cream layer and spread into an even layer with a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on top.
- Freeze for 1 hour, or until chocolate layer has set.