2 cups almond flour
2 scoops protein powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup raw honey
3 large eggs
2 ripe bananas mashed
1 banana sliced
For the glaze optional:
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together your dry ingredients: protein powder, almond flour, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, honey, and eggs. Beat until smooth. Fold in mashed bananas.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients to wet. Continue to mix until dry pockets disappear.
- Slice the remaining banana into 12 slices. Fill your muffin cups to 3/4 full. Add a banana slice to the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the top is spongy and lightly browned. Remove from oven, and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Now make the glaze: add peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and water to a small bowl. Microwave in 15 second intervals and stir until smooth and able to drizzle. Using a spoon, drizzle the top of each muffin.
- Serve immediately.
- Can be stored in the freezer or at room temperature for 1 day.