- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 28-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15.5-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1 15.5-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 8 ounces), peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- sour cream, sliced scallions, sliced radishes, and tortilla chips, for serving
- Combine ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or on high 4-5 hours.