Tex Mex Casserole
10.75 oz can Campbell’s Healthy Request Cheddar Cheese Soup
10.75 oz can Campbell’s Healthy Request Tomato Soup
1 cup chopped onion
1 lb lean ground beef (90% lean)
4.5 oz can green chilies
10 oz can Rotel Mild tomatoes
15 oz can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
15 oz can Sweet Corn, drained
2 cups cooked whole wheat penne pasta
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp onion
1 tsp garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using non-stick spray, spray a casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add garlic, onion and hamburger meat.
- Brown hamburger meat, garlic, and onion until cooked through and the meat is no longer pink. Drain any liquid out of meat and return to low heat.
- Add Campbell’s Healthy Request Cheddar Cheese Soup, green chillies, and Rotel Tomatoes to cooked onion, garlic, and hamburger. Add in 1tablespoon of chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir on low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, add Campbell’s Healthy Request Tomato Soup and ½ cup of water. Whisk together until well mixed.
- In a large stock pan (I used the same pan that I cooked penne pasta) mix together cooked pasta, Campbell’s Healthy Request Tomato Soup with water. Stir until mixed.
- In a small bowl combine black beans and corn. Add 1 tsp chili powder and gently toss to mix.
- Pour pasta into the bottom of casserole dish. Top with hamburger meat mixture and then add corn and black beans mixture to top.
- Bake casserole in oven for 15 minutes until heated through.
- Optional: Add ½ cup reduced fat cheddar cheese on top before baking.
Recipe from http://www.skinnymom.com/2013/04/19/skinny-tex-mex-casserole/?_szp=332012