1 TBSP olive oil
1 Large onion, chopped
4 Garlic cloves, minced
1 Cup pumpkin puree (from the can or homemade)
1 Cup canned tomatoes
1 Cup vegetable stock or water
1 Can black beans (15 oz, 425 g)
1/2 can garbanzo beans (7.5 oz, 212 g) or white beans
1 TBSP cumin powder (start with half the amount, and add more, to taste)
2 TBSP chili powder (start with 1 TBSP, reduce or add more, depending on your tastes and also on how spicy your chili powder is)
Salt and pepper
- In a large pot or skillet, cook chopped onion and minced garlic in olive oil for about 5 minutes on medium heat until soft.
- Add pumpkin, canned tomatoes (chop them up into smaller chunks), vegetable stock (or water), black beans and garbanzo beans. Add half the cumin and half the chili powder, stir everything well, and season with salt and pepper.
- Taste your chili, season some more with salt and pepper if needed. Add the remaining cumin (or more) and remaining chili powder (or more), if desired.
- Bring to boil, make sure to stir all ingredients well together to combine flavors and spices. Reduce to simmer and cook for 20 minutes on simmer.
- Serve in soup bowls, garnished with chopped green onion.