Easy Homemade Fettuccini Alfredo Sauce
4 TBSP Butter
3 TBSP Flour
1 TSP Salt
1/2 TSP Pepper
2 Cups Milk
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter over medium high heat in a heavy bottomed medium sized saucepan.
- Add salt, pepper and flour to the pan. Whisk until smooth and the rue turns a pale brown.
- Slowly pour milk and whisk until combined.
- Add 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, continue to whisk until cheese melts into the mixture and becomes smooth.
- Dip a spoon in a taste. Adjust seasoning and cheese if needed. If the Parmesan flavoring is too weak add 1/4 to 1/2 more to the pot and continue to whisk.
- Continue to cook over medium heat, whisking until the sauce becomes thick.
- Once thickened remove from the heat.
Recipe from http://flouronmyface.com/easy-homemade-fettuccini-alfredo-sauce/