2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 Cups Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 TSP Salt
2/3 Cup Butter
2 TSPS Baking Powder
1/2 TSP Baking Soda
1/2 TSP Ground Cinnamon
1/2 TSP Ground Nutmeg
2 Eggs, beaten
1 1/3 Cups Buttermilk or Sour Milk
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans, Walnuts, or Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1/2 cup.
- Stir baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg into remaining crumb mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs and buttermilk. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Stir together reserved crumb mixture and nuts, and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick interred near the center comes out clean. Cool slightly, serve warm.
Recipe from Christina’s Cookbook