Citrus Dipping Sauce
1/4 Cup Water
1 TSP Granulated Sugar
1/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
2 TSP Fresh Orange Juice
1 Garlic Clove, Minced
2 TBSP Cilantro, Minced
Salt and Pepper
1 TBSP Light Brown Sugar, Packed
1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
2 TBSP Vegetable Oil
1 TBSP Lemon Zest
1 or 2 Thai Chiles, Minced
1/2 TSP Salt
1 Pound Medium Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
- To prepare the Dipping Sauce, add water and sugar to a medium bowl. Whisk until the sugar disolves. Stir in the citrus juices, garlic, and cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To prepare the Shrimp, heat a pan over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, add sugar, lemon juice, oil, lemon zest, chiles, and salt. Whisk together. Add shrimp, marinade for 15 minutes. Remove from marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly brush the hot pan with oil. Place shrimp on the pan and cook, turning once with tongs, about 3 minutes total.
- Serve with sauce on the side.
Recipe from Sur La Table