Andes Mint Cookies
3/4 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
2 TBS Water
12 oz Chocolate Chips
2 3/4 Cups Flour
1/2 TSP Salt
1 1/4 TSP Baking Soda
24 Andes Mints
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt together the butter, brown sugar, and water, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until melted. Let stand 10 minutes to cool. Add the remaining ingredients and combine to form a dough.
- Chill the dough at least 1 hour.
- Roll the dough into balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet, leaving ample space between the dough balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, and on top of each cookie, place half of an Andes mint. Allow the mint to melt and then swirl the mint over the cookie with the back of a spoon or a knife.
Recipe from http://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t–2343/andes-mint-cookies.asp