2 Cups Diced Or Shredded Chicken Breast Meat (or For Extra Lazy Days Use A Rotisserie Chicken)
1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 Tsp Ground Coriander
1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1 (15 Oz) Can Black Beans, Rinsed And Drained
1 (4.5 Oz) Can Diced Green Chili Peppers, Drained
1 (10 Oz) Can Red Enchilada Sauce
8 (6 Inch) Corn Tortillas
2 Cups Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
1 (8 Oz) Container Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and spray with vegetable cooking spray. Sauté chicken with cumin, garlic powder and coriander until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in the cilantro, black beans, and green chili peppers.
- Spread half of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of an 11×7 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Place 4 tortillas over the sauce, overlapping if necessary. Spoon half of the chicken mixture over the tortillas, and sprinkle with half of the cheese and half of the sour cream.
- Spoon the remaining enchilada sauce over the cheese, and make another layer of tortillas. Layer the remaining chicken mixture over the tortillas.
- Cover dish with a lid or aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove the cover, and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and dot with sour cream. Continue cooking, uncovered, for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.