1 LB Mushrooms (white or cremini), sliced thinly
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1 TBSP Unsalted butter (omit butter for vegan version)
1 TBSP Olive oil
5 Green onions, chopped
5 to 10 OZ Fresh spinach (to taste)
2 Cups cooked quinoa
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and saute over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until mushrooms get soft and acquire a nice, golden-brown color.
- Add chopped green onions and mix. Season with salt.
- Add fresh spinach to the skillet, reduce heat to low, cover the skillet with the lid and let mushrooms and spinach cook for about 1 minute or less, just until spinach begins to wilt.
- Add 2 cups of cooked quinoa to the skillet and cook on low heat for another minute until spinach wilts even more and quinoa warms up.
- Season with salt, if needed. Add another tablespoon of olive oil, if desired.