Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole
1 (16 ounce) Package pork sausage
10 Eggs, lightly beaten
3 Cups Milk
1 TSP Salt
6 Cups Cubed bread*
2 Cups Shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/2 TSP Black pepper
1/2 Cup Diced red pepper, optional
Sliced green onion, optional
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Butter a 9 x 13 x 2 inch casserole dish.
- In large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Evenly distribute half the bread into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with half the cheese, half the black pepper, half the red pepper, and half the sausage. Repeat layers.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 55-60 minutes, or until eggs are set. If the top begins to brown too quickly, loosely cover the casserole dish with foil.
- If desired, sprinkle the casserole with sliced green onions. Serve warm.
Recipe from http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/make-ahead-breakfast-casserole/