- 8 Slices of bacon
- 2 Pounds of rinsed and trimmed fresh green beans
- 1/2 Cup yellow onion diced
- 1 Potato diced
- 1 1/2 Cups chicken broth or stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and cook over medium heat until the bacon is fully rendered and crispy.
- Add the onions and saute with bacon until transparent.
- Lightly spray a slow cooker with cooking spray and add green beans. and pepper and stir making sure the bacon drippings are getting mixed in well.
- Add bacon and onion mixture followed by the diced potatoes.
- Add chicken broth, salt and pepper to taste. I frequently don’t even add salt because the bacon has so much already.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or high heat for 3 to 4 hours or until beans reach your desired level of tenderness.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.