Creamy Spinach Stuffed Salmon
- 2/3 cup cashews soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup frozen spinach defrosted
- 4 salmon filets about 6 oz each
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Drain the cashews and add them to a high-speed blender with water, apple cider vinegar, mustard, garlic powder, sea salt, and red pepper flakes. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Use your hands to squeeze out as much water as possible from the defrosted spinach. Stir into the creamy cashew filling.
- Pat dry the salmon filets with a paper towel, and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a slit on the side of each salmon filet about three-quarter of the way through. Be careful not to cut all the way to the other side.
- Divide the creamy spinach filling among the 4 filets, stuffing the cut pockets using a spoon. It doesn’t have to be perfect, and it’s okay if some of the stuffing seeps through the tops of the salmon.
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Pan fry the salmon skin side up for 4 minutes.
- Carefully flip the salmon skin side down, then add another tbsp of ghee to the pan. Sprinkle each filet with lemon juice, then pan-fry for 3 minutes
- Remove from heat and serve.